WELCOME TO THE ZOMORRODI LAB!
The Zomorrodi Lab constructs computational mechanistic models of the microbiome and host to better understand the pathogenesis of human diseases and to streamline the design of personalized treatments.
We are part of the Mucosal Immunology and Biology Research Center (MIBRC) at MassGeneral Hospital for Children and Harvard Medical School
- Zomorrodi AR, Hemez C, Arranz-Gibert P, Wu T, Isaacs FJ, Segrè D. Computational design and engineering of an Escherichia coli strain producing the nonstandard amino acid para-aminophenylalanine. iScience. 2022;25(7):104562, PMID: 35789833.
- Olshan KL, Zomorrodi AR, Pujolassos M, Troisi J, Khan N, Fanelli B, Kenyon V, Fasano A, Leonard MM. Microbiota and Metabolomic Patterns in the Breast Milk of Subjects with Celiac Disease on a Gluten-Free Diet. Nutrients. 2021;13(7), PMID: 34210038
- Leonard MM, Valitutti F, Karathia H, Pujolassos M, Kenyon V, Fanelli B, Troisi J, Subramanian P, Camhi S, Colucci A, Serena G, Cucchiara S, Trovato CM, Malamisura B, Francavilla R, Elli L, Hasan NA, Zomorrodi AR, Colwell R, Fasano A, CDGEMM Team. Microbiome signatures of progression toward celiac disease onset in at-risk children in a longitudinal prospective cohort study. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2021;118(29). PMID: 34253606
- Colarusso AV, Goodchild-Michelman I, Rayle M, Zomorrodi AR. Computational modeling of metabolism in microbial communities on a genome-scale. Curr Opin Syst Biol. 2021;26:46-57
- Olshan KL, Leonard MM, Serena G, Zomorrodi AR, Fasano A. Gut Microbiota in Celiac Disease: Microbes, Metabolites, Pathways and Therapeutics. Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 2020 Oct 26. PMID: 33103934.
- Leonard MM, Karathia H, Pujolassos M, Troisi J, Valitutti F, Subramanian P, Camhi S, Kenyon V, Colucci A, Serena G, Cucchiara S, Montuori M, Malamisura B, Francavilla R, Elli L, Fanelli B, Colwell R, Hasan N, Zomorrodi* AR, Fasano* A. Multi-omics analysis reveals the influence of genetic and environmental risk factors on developing gut microbiota in infants at risk of celiac disease. Microbiome. 2020 09 11; 8(1):130. PMID: 32917289
- January 2023 – Kevin Liu a master’s student at Harvard Medical School joins the lab. Welcome!
- April 2023 – (1) Ali presented a headline talk at PacBio’s Discoveries Roadshow on using long-read metagenomic sequencing to study the gut microbiome in celiac disease.. (2) Matthew presented a poster at the 2023 MIT Microbiome Symposium. (3) Six students from the lab presented posters at the 2023 MGHfC Research Day (pictured below).
- November 2022 – Siqi Du a master’s student at Harvard joins the lab. Welcome!
- September 2022 – Jinglun Li a master’s student at Harvard School of Public Health joins the lab. Welcome!
- August 2022 – Ali presents research from the lab in the The First Annual IMMSA (The International Microbiome and Multi-Omics Standards Alliance) Workshop on Standards for Microbiome and Multi-Omics Measurements hosted by NIST.
- July 2022 – Ali presents research from the lab in ISMB/ISCB (Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology/International Society for Computational Biology) 2022 and IHMS (International Union of Microbiological Society) 2022.
- June 2022 – Jay Pratap wins HCRIP (Harvard College Research Program) funding to continue his research in the lab during the summer. Congratulations, Jay!
- May 2022 – Matthew Miyasaka presents a poster in the Harvard Chan Microbiome in Public Health Center (HCMPH) symposium.
- March 2022 – Izzy Goodchild-Michelman wins the prestigious Harvard’s Herchel Smith fellowship to continue her research in the Zomorrod lab during the summer. Way to go, Izzy!
- February 2022 – Yilong Peng, Naneh Vartan, Talon Flodman, Carl Ma, and Mally Shan join the lab, Welcome!